Wednesday, September 14, 2011

May 5, 2011: WDW Day 3

After a much, much better night's sleep, we got ready and actually got to leave a bit earlier for Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. It's annoying that it takes more than 30 minutes to get from the Ticket and Transportation Center to the Magic Kingdom on those mornings (seriously, why can't the express monorail run?), but whatever. :)

Emmersyn and Hartley both chose Aurora dresses over Cinderella that morning. I put the wrong dresses on them (slightly different styles from different years, and I put the longer one on the shorter girl, if you were wondering), and Hartley's started ripping despite being new. I wanted to scream, but they were just beaming and still absolutely beautiful... so I really couldn't. (Side note: how do I fix the hem/keep it from worsening?! Anyone?)


We watched (and loved, as always) the opening show and made our way into the park. Seriously, the crowds were shocking. Despite hightailing it directly to Dumbo (the plan that ALWAYS has us boarding within 5 minutes, even on non EMH days), the line was 15 minutes. Ick! That was all we were able to do before getting in line for the Rapunzel meet and greet, because of course the girls said Yes, they DID want to wait in this line. The one that was nearly 2 hours long already. What the heck? I'm going to spare you the biggest rant ever (don't worry, I called my mom and got it out), but 1) this is the stupidest, stupidest set up for a Disney character attraction. The new Fantasyland sure as heck better not be set up in the same way, but should instead take cues from the Town Square Theater attraction. Amen. and 2) 95% of parents in WDW have no moral compass. Even ones that seem normal (and ones I know are normal). Amen and amen.



After the FOUR of us waited almost 2 hours that felt like 2 days with Emmersyn's serious behavioral issues that did not end for days even after returning home (spitting, demon noises, etc - she made me cry almost every day), Rapunzel and Flynn Rider were fine. Yeah, fine. I'm sorry, I can't say anything more about that stupid attraction. I do however, say (on every trip) a lot more in feedback given to the Disney brass. You know I do. And if you've been, you know I'm not the only one who does. I will also say, that it is too cute how smitten Emmersyn still is with Flynn Rider - hehe!


ANYWAY... our next stop was so much more efficient with regards to time vs interaction ;) We used our fastpasses to visit the princesses, and the girls once again kind of stole the show. I swear I'm not saying that just because I'm their mama, though I realize that has a bit to do with it. But people WAY back in the line were talking about them, taking their pictures, and asking if we had "practiced" as they spun, curtseyed, etc like true royalty.

"Nah," I responded. "They've actually been here before." (I did fail to mention that this is their 5th trip. And that yes, they are less than 3. Why do you ask? :))



After our long morning, we eventually got to Epcot after more monorail issues (what's with our transportation luck this trip? lol!), but not before Sunshine Seasons was extremely crowded. Still, lunch was very good, and despite the girls getting a second wind, they did fall asleep and nap just over an hour. While Zach watched Impresions de France, I sat and enjoyed the ambiance of the International Gateway. French music behind me, Japanese drums in the distance, I-gateway area music in front, birds singing along the quiet pathway. A strange, perfect combination.

We walked some more around World Showcase, exploring Morocco and Germany, eating our favorite treat from the Karamel Kucche, and said hello to Duffy before heading to the playgrounds. We LOVE this about the Flower and Garden festival. In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Epcot, Walt Disney World, we can sit and watch the girls play as if in a local park. These afternoons of relaxation are always among our favorites! This year was made even better by the fact that instead of having two playgrounds (one near World Showcase and one in Future World), both with apparatus for large and small kids, there was a playground for ages 5-12 in one location, and a playground for 2-5 in another. Oh, how glorious! To not have 10 year olds shoving my toddlers because they don't follow rules and their parents can't be bothered to parent. Instead, they were halfway across the park! Hurrah! :)


We ended up spending more than 45 minutes there, as well as enjoying a visit to Club Cool ("It's open today!!!!").


Next we rode Living with the Land (you may remember it as "The Vegetable Boat Ride"), and headed to the Seas Pavilion for our dinner reservation at Coral Reef. Our table was absolutely perfect, the service was great and the food mediocre (backwards...), and the girls were excellent. We had pictures scheduled the following morning and still needed baths, etc, so it was straight back to the hotel after dinner. What a nice day! 














No comments:

Post a Comment