Sunday, September 18, 2011

May 8, 2011: WDW Day 6

Happy Mother's Day to me! We had had a good night, a slow and enjoyable morning, and hopefully hadn't forgotten anything as we planned to be at Epcot for the entire day.

I tell you what, Disney World was the place to be on Mother's Day - almost as if it was a holiday that got a lot of attention! ;) I got doors held for me and first dibs at the mug station, all while dads and sons (after instruction) and Cast Members alike wished me a happy day. How sweet!

At Epcot, I got a "beautiful flower", and we waited in line for Rope Drop.


The girls had fun interacting with Mickey and friends before the countdown, and just after 9 we were in line at Character Connection to spend some more time with them.



Our next stop was Pixie Hollow to pay a visit to Tinker Bell and Terence. It took Emmersyn a little convincing that she was allowed to see Terence ("I'm not a boy to see him" :)), but both she and Hartley were awesome when it was their turn.

First, Hartley dashed up to them. "Oh, Terence," said Tink, "it looks like she's a little fast flyer! Did you see how quickly she flew up here? And now, she's so excited she can't keep her feet still!" "And what kind of talent do you have?" she said to Emmersyn.

"I don't know," Emmersyn replied shyly. "I think she might be a dust fairy like Terence, she has been using her pixie dust all week to make us fly!" I told them (it was true).

And then Tink let Emmersyn try on Terence's dust satchel - so, so fun! ("I don't have a dust satchel at home, but I can use my princess purse as pretend! It fits me!")

To our surprise, after seeing Tink and Terence both girls agreed without question that they also wanted to wait in line again for Rosetta and Vidia instead of going somewhere else.

Next, there was a request for Living with the Land again, so we hit that one more time before heading to World Showcase for lunch and naptime. We also rode "the Donald boat ride" (creative names Hartley comes up with, no? :)) and hung out in Mexico a few minutes.


Lunch was from Kringla in Norway, and was as delicious as we had remembered.... and we finished up just in time to catch Mulan! The girls were so excited, and I was just thrilled the crowds were starting to die down (for our last few days), making it possible. While the girls napped, Zach rode Maelstrom and we both took our turns riding Soarin'. Then we had an awesome naptime while the girls slept an hour and a half and we found lots of great spots to sit and relax in the shade and soak up our favorite places.

Once Hartley and Emmersyn woke up, we rode Journey Into Imagination w/Figment ("skipping" the blast, of course!), and played in the updated Imagination Pavilion. Then we enjoyed a double scoop snack from Fountainview. Since I have erased the memories of fighting with evil children, it sort of seems like each day was better than the last. It really was a great trip, and we still had a few days left!


We stopped at Club Cool for another round of "girl pop" (so cute :)), then listened to Off Kilter in Canada and rode across World Showcase Lagoon for fun and to kill some time. A little after 4, it was time to make Emmersyn's day. For about 24 hours now she had been asking to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. Unfortunately Aladdin was busy getting ready for the parade at the Magic Kingdom, but we made half of her wish come true! :)
 

(Might I add, by the way, that the girls' memories never cease to amaze me. Looking at the world showcase Lagoon they said, "That's where the fire goes before the fireworks show!", and immediately upon entering the Japan pavilion, "I want to go in the store and see the Hello Kitty toys!" Unreal!)
Dinner at Teppan Edo was pretty good. Honestly not any better than Benihana (which we already find a mediocre value) but the girls were intrigued enough. We did catch Myuki on the way out, and were so excited that the girls got to choose an animal for her to make!!
 


Unfortunately - I'm assuming due to our ridiculously litigous culture, but someone correct me if I'm wrong - she's not able to give them away any more, but the girls were happy enough to get pictures with them.
 

Then the perfect day ended. :) In the middle of an epic meltdown, Zach took the girls home while I walked to the beach club to pick up our photoshoot CD, watched part of the Davy Jones Flower Power concert which FINALLY lined up correctly with our trip(!), and watched Illuminations.

The bus ride back was exactly typical, and even though nothing went "wrong" it took almost an hour to get home and reminded me why I NEVER take busses in WDW. Ugh.

All in all though, an entire day and evening at my favorite place in the world leaves little to complain about.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment